Sunday, June 1, 2008

Catch up

So, now that we have a nice new computer I figured I would do a little bit of catch up on stuff that has happened. Becs has already talked about most the stuff, so I'll just touch on a few things. Becs already mentioned that we went camping. I just wanted to say how much fun we had there. We went to a nice little lake in the mountains in Pennsylvania. We brought my kayak and did some kayaking and hiking and stuff. Below is a picture of Cody looking for Salamanders. We actually were able to find quite a few. We also found a stick poking out of the water that Cody thought resembled a shark. So if you ask him about the camping trip he might tell you we found salamander's and sharks.
We also did some hiking while we were there. Cody loved it. We were following a river the whole time and he kept telling me he wanted to find where it started. Below is a video of Cody running ahead of us because he thought we were going to slow. That's kind of a miracle for Cody, because normally he is the slowest walker on earth. I guess he like's hiking.




One thing Becca didn't mention was about us going to the zoo. We decided to get a membership to the Philadelphia zoo, and we took Cody and Jade down there on the Saturday before Memorial day. Cody did really good. He even got to ride a camel.

Here are pictures of my two little monkeys. That reminds me of a funny story. When I was younger my Mom took us all to the zoo. I remeber when we went by the monkey cage one of the monkey's was making a ton of noise hollering and shaking the cage and such. My mom didn't see the monkey and instead turned to my brother Mark and yelled at him to be quiet and stop making so much noise. Of course, it was actually the monkey making all of the noise and my brother actually hadn't said a word. I guess monkey must run in my family's blood.
Here is my cute Hoodie Family. If you didn't know already, I like Hoodies. OK, I guest that is a little bit of an understatement. I love hoodies. I probably own over 50 Hoodies. I always get mad at Becs if she tries to throw one away. So, since I like Hoodies, my family puts up with it and wears them also. We even got Jade this cute little pink Nike hoodie.

My parting shot today is Becs and my dream house. It has a really nice porch and sits on a beautiful piece of land surrounded by forest. It was awesome. Although I think the lady that lived there and saw us taking a picture of her house was kind of freaked out. She probably thought we were stalkers or something. Oh well.

8 comments:

Cara said...

Hey Rebecca! So good to "see" you! Your children are beautiful!

Elise Smith said...

Rebecca- I do remember you guys! I actually found your blog a little while ago too through the Stroms. So fun to be able to "keep in touch" this way.

mrp670 said...

I do think monkeys run in your families blood. I live with 2 (actually 3) of them. We visited the zoo Memorial Day weekend too. I always tell Maddie and Sydnie I am going to leave them with the monkeys.

abi said...

Hi Becca! Your family is adorable! It's great to keep in touch this way through the blog world, there are a lot of us Wyview-ers out there!

Greg P. said...

I sure love being able to keep up with everyone through their blogs. I am seriously considering starting my blog, so that I can post some of the pictures I take.

Kimberly said...

I love the camping pictures. . .I miss the NJ outdoors--although, Utah has some great outdoors too. We just haven't really been out. Obed has taken the boys hiking, but I stayed home with baby Tyler. Now that the weather is nicer, maybe we can all go.

Aunt Carol said...

It's so great keeping up with your family this way. Great pictures too. Thanks for sharing. Best wishes Scott on the new job. Love Ya

mrp670 said...

I was going to ask you for a nice family picture. If you supply me with a full family photo I will change it. The snake is a Broad Banded Water Snake, common in Texas.