Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Jade's Milestones

I'm sure all of you know that since Jade was a few days old she has had a feeding tube. However, since mid-January we have been bottle feeding her also, in the hopes that eventially she would be able to eat solely from that. As you can imagine it has been an uphill battle. She has steadily increased the amount she has taken from her bottle, but as she has done that the amount she is given has also steadily increased. Anyway, on the advise of her speech therapist, who is working with her for her feedings, I got some new bottles with faster flowing nipples. We started using them mid-day yesturday. At her 7am feeding this morning she drank 80 of her 90 ml. I am happy to report that at her 10 am and 1 pm feeding she finished her first entire bottle! Go JADE!!!! I am so excited that she has hit this milestone. We hope that in the weeks to come she will be able to do all her feedings from a bottle and be able to remove her feeding tube. But, until then we are so happy that she is atleast showing wonderful progress.

She is becoming very aware of the tube being down her nose and pulls it out a million times a week. Not really but sometimes it feels that way. It's hard to believe we ever were nervous to have to put it back in. Now it just seems like second nature. Anyway she took her tube out today and I thought it would be fun to take some pics of her without it in. She is really starting to smile more, accept when I want to take a picture of her. But, I managed to get one off today, so hear it is.


She is also starting to really move around and she really enjoys playing with her toys. Since all of Scott's family, except his parents, have never seen Jade we decided to take a video of her playing today. Luckily she was willing to show off a little at the right time.

6 comments:

amy said...

congratulations jade! (and mom and dad) i love the playing video, she is totally showing off - that smile is priceless.

ME said...

Rebecca, that is awesome! I'm so happy for everyone!

mrp670 said...

Maddie wants to know if she can come to your house and hold Jade because she is so little.

Claire said...

I am so happy for you, you were always one who could do hard things with a smile on your face! I miss our RS meetings! Do you remeber Sarah Hershi? I ran into her today...random!

Shmobby said...

Rebecca I am so glad Jade is doing so well! She is totally beautiful and I love that precious smile and those round cheeks! I just want to kiss her! :) What a sweet baby - she looks so fun playing in that video. You guys are amazing...she is lucky to have such great parents.

CYD said...

I want to squeeze those cheeks!!