Monday, April 7, 2008

Spring Barbecue

Spring is nature's way of saying, "Let's party!" ~Robin Williams

I couldn't agree more. Isn't it great that spring has finally arrived? I love it!!! I even took Friday off from work to try and enjoy the nice spring weather. Unfortunately it rained on Friday, so that kept us indoors. However, we were able to find this great indoor playground place. I think it was called Funtime Junction or something. It was kind of like a Chuck-E-Cheese's, however, it had a lot more tunnels and slides and even had some sand art and stuff. Plus, it was way less crowded and noisy than Chuck-E-Cheese's. It was pretty cool. Well, it was good for Cody anyways because he got a chance to exercise and run around even though it was rainy outside. We could barely pull him off of the toys. Sorry, I forgot to bring my camera again, so there are no pictures.

Saturday, however, was a perfect spring day. We went rollerblading over to the park and played for a couple of hours. Ok, actually I rollerbladed and carried Cody while Becs pulled Jade in the wagon. We switched on the way home. I know what you're thinking. How could you switch rollerblades? Simply put: I have tiny feet. In fact I think my feet are shrinking. My feet used to be a size 7 1/2, now I think they are more like a size 7 or even a 6 1/2. That can't be good. I can wear Becca's rollerblades no problem because we have the same size feet. I can fit in Becca's other shoes also, but let's not go there.


Saturday we also had our first Barbecue of the season!!! I am what you might call a Barbecueaholic. I love it. There isn't much better than throwing some charcoal in the grill and throwing on some meat and veggies. And yes, it has to be a charcoal grill. None of that propane or gas stuff. That makes it way to easy, and not near as fun. Besides, who doesn't like to play with lighter fluid, or as Cody calls it "Magic Juice". We went out on our little patio and grilled up some chicken and corn on the cob. It turned out delicious. In fact, I'm drooling just looking at the pictures.
We prefer to grill the corn with the husk still on it. The juices from the corn steam the corn, and it turns out perfect. In fact Cody even ate two pieces and literally told me "This is the best corn in the whole world." Although, come to think of it, what would he know? He's probably only tasted my corn on the cob before. Oh well, I was flattered none the less. Even the chicken turned out well. The outside got a little bit crispy, but the barbecue sauce didn't burn too much. It was a great barbecue. Next time I think I want to try grilling a loin of pork. Anybody know of any good recipes? I was thinking of using a spice rub or maybe wrap it in bacon. Or maybe both. I don't know, we'll have to see.

Saturday and Sunday was General Conference for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. For those of you who were able to watch, I'm sure you'll agree it was a great conference. I especially enjoyed watching President Monson wiggle his ears in Priesthood Session. That was pretty cool. I'm going to have to learn how to do that.

Parting Shot - Becs and I at Zion's National Park in Utah in 2003. Man I love those pants. What did I ever do with those?

2 comments:

Shmobby said...

Seriously you crack me up! What DID you do with those pants? :)

The BBQ pics are making my mouth water as I type...I may convince Craig to start the fire...even if it's raining! And we are so on the same page...nothing but charcoal and Magic Juice for us!

I love that you guys still rollerblade. I don't think I know very many parents who still do that...it gets a little unrealistic...but apparently not for you awesome people? :)

The lightning background is great btw.

Davis and Carter's Mommy said...

My husband's feet used to be the same size as mine, but I have the opposite problem as you, my feet grew 1/4 size after I had my kids. Alas now I am a 9 3/4 though Lowell will never admit his feet are now smaller than mine! Oh and it's all about the propane and ribeye steaks at my house! Happy Spring!
Heidi Penrod