Saturday, January 26, 2008

I wish every day were a Saturday...

Wow, what a great day today was!!! It started off early with a kayaking trip. I got up and threw my kayak on the car and went over kayaking. I was going to drive down to the Delaware river near the Scudders Falls area, because they have a good standing wave over there that is fun to playboat in. However, I didn't have much time so I went over to a lake that was close by to see if I could go there. Unfortunately it was frozen solid. So instead I found a little creek that still had moving water and went kayaking down that instead. It was pretty fun. I even got to practice my skill at doing the limbo when I came to a part of the creek where there was a log all the way accross. Of course the day was not yet over. That all happened before 8 am. We then took off to Pennsylvania to try and do some hiking. Cody and I went with Thom and Lucy to Valley Forge and went hiking up Mount Joy. (It wasn't so much a mountain as a hill. But you know people on the east coast, they are always making mountains out of mole hills. J/K) Anyway, so we got to get some good hiking in. Here are some of the pictures.

Don't worry Dad. We didn't go to Valley Forge without looking at some of the historical stuff. Taking a picture of my son as George Washington counts as historical stuff, right?
Just kidding, we also went to see George Washington's Headquarters and some of the army barraks.












Jade even got dressed up to come with us, unfortunately unforseen circumstances kept Jade in the house all day. Oh well, maybe next time.
The day didn't even end there though. Then we watched the Winter X Games. Snowboard Cross, yeah baby. It doesn't get much better than watching Lindsey Jacobellis come through with the gold in the Women's event. Especially after her dissapointing fall in Torino when she ended up with silver. And for the men, it was Idaho native Nate Holland who pulled through for the win after a crash left Torino gold medal winner Seth Wescott out of contention. It wasn't quite as good as actually snowboarding myself. But not too shabby for an afternoon in Pennsylvania.

2 comments:

LizzyP said...

Kayaking sounds great mid-winter! (OK, I'm kind of being sarcastic.) But I love that "moutains out of a molehill comment". Very funny, Scott.

Greg P. said...

I knew I taught you right, Scott. At least you went to Valley Forge in the winter, so you got the truly realistic experience. Cody looked great in the George Washington outfit, of course, he's cute anyway. Wish you were here so we could go canoeing together.