Saturday, January 19, 2008

My First Post

So we are at the end of another week. For the past 5 days we have been feeding Jade from a bottle. She gets 1/2 an hour to drink as much as she can and then the rest gets put through her feeding tube. So far the impression from all is that she is doing really well for just starting out. She averages between 15-20 ml per feeding (30 ml is an ounce and Jade is supposed to eat 50 ml per feeding). I am excited with the prospect that some day Jade may be able to take all her milk through a bottle.

Cody had a wonderful week with his Grandma Pearson. She got him his birthday present early so she could do it in person. She got him a three wheeled scooter. Cody likes it but is having a hard time figuring out how to use it properly. So for now he has decided to just straddle it and push it forward. He also started his class again at the Community Center. I'm hoping that getting out at least once a week will do him some good.
As for me I am staying mostly sane. All our out of town guests have now come and gone. But I'm never really on my own because my family lives so close. Still for now other than a few extra doctors appointments Jade is like any other newborn. She eats, sleeps and poops.

This is Scott typing now. This was Becca's first post, so everyone has to comment and tell her what a good job she did. I have really started to like this whole blog thing. I wasn't sure if I would like it or not when I first started. But now I can't wait to get on and post more stuff and change up my blog. Of course a lot of that is because I have more free time in the evenings now that I have finished taking my CPA exam. Can you believe I studied for seven months straight for those tests? Crazy! Well, at least they're over now. Hopefully I'll never have to take another test again, ever. I suppose these tests weren't as bad as some of the tests I took at BYU though. I remember one final I took at BYU. It was one of those finals that you could take any time during finals week, you just have to go to the testing center. Actually, in this case they had the test in the JSB. For those of you not familiar with the JSB, that is the Joseph Smith Building. Sometimes during finals week they have certain tests in there because the testing center gets too crowded. Anyway, so I was taking this test in room 140 JSB. For anyone who has been to BYU, you all know the room I'm talking about. It is the big auditorium where you have all your general ed classes, American Heritage, Biology, Economics. I'm sure most of you have probably fallen asleep in that room at some time or another. Probably some of you even had sacrament meeting in there. Maybe both at the same time.

Anyway, what was I talking about. Oh yeah, the test I was taking in there. So I was in there for this final I was taking. I don't even remeber what the test was for. I have to take a quick detour here to mention something about myself. I have a very weak stomach. That's right, I admit it. Sometimes all I have to do is look at food and I'll throw up. When my wife and I were dating, I threw up out of the back of a pick up truck in the middle of one of our dates. But that is another story. I'm sure you can see where this is going by now. I was in there taking the test and my stomach started to grumble. I knew what that meant and immediately stood up and went for the door. Unfortunately, I didn't make it much past the door. I opened the door and threw up right on the lady handing out all the tests and right in front of everyone waiting in line to take their final. Needless to say, it wasn't one of my finest moments. Unfortunately, I hadn't even finished taking my test yet. So I had to go clean up, and then go back by everyone to go back in the room and finish my test. Oh well, asi es la vida.

Have a great week!!!

1 comment:

Scott and Stacia said...

Becca, I was so glad to see you posted something. I have been wondering how you are doing with all of this. I am so excited that Jade is eating some from a bottle, and things seem to be going better. I always share with (my) Scott what (your) Scott has written. I wish he was in to blogging. For now he just edits my posts so they make sense to all those that read them. Again thanks for posting. We love to hear how you guys are doing. Jade and Cody are so cute...love all the pictures you guys post.