Thursday, January 3, 2008

The results are in

We got back the results today from Jade's bloodwork. She has Prader Willi's Syndrome. I'm not going to write anything about what that is, because you could all find out a lot more information by Google-ing it than I could possibly write here in my blog. We are glad to finally know exactly what's going on. Becca is going to see the geneticists on Monday at CHOP to find out more about it and stuff.

In other news we had a great Christmas. My sister Summer and her husband Tyler came up from Utah to visit us and spend a week with us. We really liked having them with us.

Ok, I have to take a quick detour to tell about what I just saw on TV. I was watching Grey's Anatomy while typing this and some guy stole a chainsaw to cut off his own foot. Becca and I both busted out laughing. Now that I write it, it doesn't sound that funny. But it really was funny when we saw it on tv.

Anyway, what was I talking about. Oh yeah, Summer and Tyler coming. I think Cody was the one who enjoyed them being here the most though. He loved that he could make Tyler do whatever he wanted for him. (Tyler hasn't quite learned that you can say no to a two-year old.)

I'll put some pictures up as soon as either Summer or Joan send me some. I was too lazy to take any with my camera.

In other news, I am going to take the last part of my CPA exam on Saturday. Wish me luck.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the birth of your baby, and congratulations for receiving your diagnosis of Prader-Willi syndrome so quickly after her birth.

If you haven't already, I encourage you to contact the national Prader-Willi Syndrome Association (USA) to obtain their Package of Hope which contains critical information about Prader-Willi syndrome, and to speak with a Parent Mentor who can provide you with personal information to help your baby and your family. PWSA may be reached at 800-926-4797. Warmest regards, Lisa Graziano, Executive Director, Prader-Willi California Foundation

Sherwoods said...

I am glad that you have found out what little Jade has. Good luck with all of the resulting tests and info. Also good luck on saturday!

CYD said...

I am so glad that you've got all this information and support available for you and your family. We'll continue to pray for strength and comfort for your family! Let us know if there's anything we can do to help!