Sunday, February 17, 2008

Jade's Baby Blessing

We had a really good weekend. My parents came into town from Utah for Jade's blessing. Cody has really enjoyed having them around. On Saturday Cody went out for a walk with Grandpa and played outside for a little bit. Then we all went over to Chucky Cheese's because it was pretty cold outside. It was so loud when we got there, it was hard to even hear ourselves think. By the time we left, however, we had gotten used to the noise, and we hardly even noticed it. Funny, huh. Cody had a lot of fun though. He played a ton of games and we even got some good pizza. (Well, it wasn't as good as Papa Johns, but it was better than that New Jersey style pizza anyway.)

Today was Jades baby blessing in church. Anyone who knows me knows that I'm not too good at the whole speaking in public thing, or talking to people in general. Needless to say, I was really nervous. I didn't throw up though, so that was good (Read January 19 post). Seriously though, I think it went pretty well. Take a look at some of the pictures below.
Well, here's the dress. It only took us looking at about 50 dresses before Becca decided on this one. I really like the dress a lot. But then again, I also liked the first 49 we looked at. At the end of the day Becca decided to go with 'Dressed in White' in Provo to buy the dress from. My Mom bought it and brought it with her.

The cute little bracelet she is wearing was made by Karen, a friend of my Moms in Utah.
Well, at least Becs and I are looking at the camera.

Ahhh, finally out of that dress and into a hoodie. This is how life should be!!

5 comments:

Sherwoods said...

I love the comment about NJ pizza... Josh and I feel the same way! I am glad you guys had a good weekend. Jade's blessing was great!

Kristin said...

Beautiful baby girl! We are still waiting for your entry in the mullet contest, Scott!

Scott and Stacia said...

Congrats on the baby blessing. That dress is so darling. Who knew there were 50 different dresses to look at. I think there are a total of 5 boy blessing outfits in the whole world and we saw them all :)

Brown Family said...

Congratulations! Sorry we couldn't be there, but she looked absolutely beautiful. I'm sure your blessing was wonderful as well.

LizzyP said...

You did great, Scott! OK, when can we get you guys to come our way for some good pizza. We have a favorite place on Route 33 in Hamilton . . .