Monday, February 25, 2008

Snowmen, Sledding and Trains

We finally got some snow here in New Jersey. Friday we woke up to snow covering the ground and a winter storm warning in effect. Lucky for me that meant the roads were pretty crazy on Friday so I got to leave work early to ensure I got home safely. So what did I do with my Friday afternoon? Build a snoman with Cody of course.
Here is Cody rolling up the snowball for the body. The snow was absolutely perfect for building snowmen because it was so wet. Cody made that ball all by himself by just rolling the snow down the hill. I got a little bit carried away and built a really big snowman. Here Cody is giving him a hug. It was actually pretty hard to make because the wet snow was so heavy, it was hard to lift the snoballs on top of each other.


Don't go anywhere yet. I'm just getting started with our weekend. That was just Friday. On Saturday morning we all went over to an old closed ski resort right off of Rt. 29 by the Howell Living Farm. It was closed back in the 90's, however there is still a really nice hill there for sledding. It was pretty awesome. We even brought Jade out so she could watch us. The only problem was I didn't get any pictures because Cody threw a snowball at the camera on Friday, and so all of my pictures came out fuzzy because my camera lens got wet. I did snap off a picture right before he threw the snowball at me though. Check it out-

Next came his birthday party on Saturday. He had a Thomas the Train birthday party at Aunt DeeDee's house. It turned out really great. We took a lot of pictures. I'll just try and put up a few of the highlights.Isn't it an awesome cake. Andrea made it for Cody. It turned out really awesome.

I know, Cody is so spoiled isn't he. He got to blow out candles on two sets of cake. Then on Sunday we put the candles on the cake again and he got to blow them out again. What can I say? The kid likes fire.


Here he is opening presents. He got a lot of nice clothes, games, books, and toys. He had a ton of fun and is probably still hyped up on sugar. Oh well, Asi es la vida.

That's all for now. You can stop reading now. Really. I don't have anything else to say. Go read somebody else's blog.

1 comment:

Sherwoods said...

Wow, that is quite the snowman. I am also in awe of that cake. I need to know how they did that. Zach would be in little boy heaven!