Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Doctor Cody

So last night Cody woke up once in the middle of the night to tell Scott that his ear was hurting. Scott gave him some tylenol and tucked him back in to bed and he slept peacefully the rest of the night. When he woke up this morning he complained about it some more and added that he could hear something. I just figured it was a ringing in his ear. Anyway, I called the pediatrician and took Cody in to see the available doctor. The doctor told Cody that he made a very good diagnosis of himself, spot on. Apparantly the inside of Cody's ear is oozing and gross looking. So he's on medication and drugged up on Tylenol for the pain and doing well. I am so grateful for a child old enough where he can tell me what is hurting him.

Meanwhile, I already had an appointment in the afternoon for Jade with her pediatrician for a weight check (she goes every 3 weeks). We had high hopes for her to reach 10 lbs. because we thought at that point our doctor would allow us to go longer in between feedings at night. We currently feed her every 3 hours day and night. She made it to 9 lbs. 13 oz. I know, I know so close. It turns out it doesn't matter because the doctor changed the goal weight to 12 lbs. so we still have a while to go. But my saving grace is that Jade is a bottle/tube feeder so my wonderful husband takes the 1 am feeding and I take the 4 am feeding. This atleast allows us both a chunk of sleep for part of the night. Oh well, maybe next weigh-in.

2 comments:

Scott and Stacia said...

Doctor Cody looks so cute! I love that picture! I am so glad he was able to explain what he was feeling...oh I can't wait for that day :)

Sherwoods said...

I love it when kids can tell you what hurts. We will be cheering for Jade to hit that 12 lb. mark!