Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Jade and Cody update

I decided I haven't posted a Jade update for a while, so this will be my Jade update for those of you who don't get to hear what's going on with her. Last night she had her sleep study. Becca went down to CHOP and stayed there overnight. They hooked Jade up to a whole bunch of wires and monitors and stuff to monitor her breathing. She slept well, however we won't have the results back from the tests for a week or so. It was nice for me because I got to sleep through the night for the first time in a long time. Unfortunately for Becca, she had to do both feedings. (Normally Becca and I take turns getting up to feed Jade in the middle of the night. I do the 1am feeding and Becs does the 4am.) We'll keep you all updated on what the results of the tests show. Other than that Jade is doing really well. She is really doing well with her bottle feedings. She has started to be more consistent and more awake during her feedings. It is really encouraging for us, because we hope someday she'll be able to take it all from a bottle and get off of the tube feedings completely. Her physical therapist came over the other day also, and gave us some stuff to do with Jade to help her to grow and develop. Jade really is wonderful, and we love having her. Even Cody loves having her around and is constantly giving her hugs and kisses.
Now for the Cody update. Cody is doing really well also. He is finally potty trained. Becs and I decided to just go for it. He has been wearing underwear for a week, and hasn't had an accident. He decided he really likes going on the potty. He even climbs up onto the sink by himself afterwards to wash his hands. Cody also just finished up his class at the community center he has been taking. It was an art/gym class which he went to with Becs every week. We are going to start him in another class shortly. He really likes art. In fact, we got him a bunch of art supplies for his birthday. On Saturday he and I had a boy's day because Becca and Jade were gone all day. I was going to drive up to Lake Placid, NY to watch the SnowboardCross finals. However, I decided 10 hours in a car with Cody wasn't worth watching snowboarding for 2 hours. Don't worry though, if you weren't able to make it to Lake Placid either, it will be on this Saturday at 2pm on NBC, or on Sunday at 3pm on Versus. Instead of going up to Lake Placid, we went to see Thimbletack, Hogsqueal, and Mulgarath. That's right, we went to see the Spiderwick Chronicles. Cody enjoyed the movie, but I think what he was most exited about was that I bought him a blue Icee to drink during the movie.

Well, that's all for now. My parting shot is Cody standing in front of my Chinese Fan Palm (That's a type of tree.) Mark and Kristie, I don't know if you can tell, but he's even wearing a Texas shirt.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Scott, Only you would even care what kind of plant it was. You really do need your own green house. Summer