Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Here comes the Sun

Sorry, it's been a while since my last post. I've been kind of busy. Ok, maybe I've just been kind of lazy. We had a great weekend. My inlaws were nice enough to watch Cody and Jade last Friday night and Saturday. Becs and I took advantage of the opportunity and went out on Friday night. We didn't stay out too late though because Friday night was our one chance to sleep through the night since Jack and Joan had Jade. Unfortunately our eyes both popped open at 4am. Oh well, habit I guess. Then on Saturday morning we went in to New York to the LDS temple. It was really great. Afterwards, we went to a restaurant named Ollie's. Can you guess what kind of restaurant it is? I'll tell you at the end of the post. On Sunday we had some friends over for dinner. It was fun, plus they brought over a really, really good dessert. It was some kind of Finnish blueberry dessert. It's making me hungry just thinking about it.

Monday as you all know was St. Patrick's Day. You know what that means right? Spring snowboarding baby!! I hope none of you went up to meet me at Mountain Creek. I went up to Camelback instead. It was only $10 bucks to ski from 3 - 7. Pretty sweet. It was a ton of fun. I don't have any pictures though because I went up by myself. Let's all take a moment of silence for the end of the snowboarding season. Since Spring is starting tomorrow, that means the beginning of the kayaking season!! Yeah Spring!!! I just found a great new kayaking spot also. You'll have to wait for another post for that though.

Ok, now for the Jade update. I'm sorry I made you all wait untill the end. Jade is doing great. We found out over the weekend that she passed her sleep exam, so that was good. Then on Monday she went to the endocrinologist to find out about the growth hormone. They said that she is growing and improving really well. In fact, she is doing so well, that they don't feel she needs to start the growth hormone yet. She'll go back in six months to see how she is doing.

That's all for now. Ollie's is a Chinese restaurant. Bet you didn't guess that.
Parting Shot - Kayaking on the Green River

1 comment:

Sherwoods said...

I'm glad you guys had fun and that Jade is doing well!