Monday, March 10, 2008

Snowboard Cross Baby!!

Woah baby!!! Did you guys watch the Visa US snowboard cross world cup finals? It was awesome!! Americans took the gold in both men's and women's SBX. For the women it was Lindsey Jacobellis, and Nick Baumgartner for the men. If you missed the exciting action, not to worry I have some pics of it below.Here are Lindsey and Nick celebrating their victories at Whiteface.
Here is Lindsey in white with a commanding lead over the competition. Good thing she didn't try to pull a backside method grab. That could've been disastrous.
Here are the men fighting it out on the slopes. Nick managed to pull ahead at the end to win it.

Becs is sitting next to me while I am writing this, and she has informed me that not everybody likes snowboarding as much as I do. So I thought to myself, Scott (because that is what I call myself, Scott). I said Scott, why wouldn't people like snowboarding as much as me. It must be because they haven't tried it. Well, to solve that problem I'm inviting you all to go snowboarding on St. Patrick's Day. Mountain Creek Resort in New Jersey is having night skiing for only $17 on St. Patrick's Day if you wear green. So put on your green and come up snowboarding with me. Of course, you'll have to pay for yourself. What do you think, I'm made of money? I'll be up there by 5pm. What, you're still not interested? Fine then. I've got the next best thing. Below is a video of someone snowboarding on the snowboard cross course in Whiteface where the Visa US snowboard cup was. If you watch it you can almost feel like you are really snowboarding. If you still don't like snowboarding, I'm afraid you're a lost cause.

No comments: